Art has the power to truly transform an interior space, but how? What pieces do you select and why? In this special Art Week course, we’ll teach you how to leverage art in interior design. Morning lecture will also be followed by a carefully curated tour of Art Basel in the afternoon.
- Learn the principles of art in interiors – how to frame, mount, hang, install and light art in residential and commercial spaces
- Discuss at what point in your design process should you select your art
- Understand how you can combine art with your colour scheme and furniture selection to create beautiful interiors
- Private tour by art curator, who will guide you through important works by influential artists from Asia and abroad
ABOUT THE GUIDE
Christine Chan Chiu is an independent art advisor based in Hong Kong. She was formally General Manager at the Hong Kong Art Gallery Association, a non-profit organisation seeking to advance the local art gallery community and to promote arts awareness in the city. Christine holds a BA in History of Art and French from Tufts University (Boston), with supplementary studies at École du Louvre and La Sorbonne (Paris). She completed her Master’s degree in History of Art and Archaeology at SOAS, University of London (UK). She has also worked for a large auction house in New York and Hong Kong, as well as for a Hong Kong gallery in a research position.
1. Entry ticket to Art Basel is included
2. Vouchers cannot be used for this course