If you're curious about interior design or thinking of making it a career, this is a great foundation course designed to give you a feel for what it's all about. Plus, you don't need any experience.
The syllabus is based around a real-life case study and introduces the key stages of the interior design process.
This course is now delivered over 5 days.
What you’ll learn:
- How to write a design proposal based on a creative brief
- How to create a concept and materials' board
- How to do technical drawings of plans and elevations
- Key building principles, how to design for the human form and the study of ergonomics
- Overview of materials, colors, textiles and lighting
- How to prepare a visual and verbal presentation
Developing a Concept
Drawing types (plan and elevation)
Interior Design Principles
Material & Finishes (Part 1)
Material & Finishes (Part 2)
Verbal presentation skills
Student project presentation
The completion of this course will entitle students to a 5% discount from the Certificate in Interior Design Level 1 (Residential)