Always wanted to learn the tools which allow you to easily draw out your design ideas? Wondering what software could help you communicate your design intentions directly to a contractor? Join this SketchUp Bootcamp! Over the course of 3 days, we’ll deep dive into 3D modelling, applying materials and extracting and editing 2D drawings - all with the same software.
Curriculum will cover:
Day 1 – VISUALISE YOUR PROJECT WITH SKETCHUP
In day 1 you will get introduced to Sketch Up, a free and easy-to-use software, to help you visualize your design ideas. You will start building a space from 2D in which you will develop a kitchen project as a theoretical exercise.
- Run through: Interface, creating and saving a document
- Introduction to 3D modelspace
- Drafting 2D shapes with basic tools
- Creating 3D objects with editing tools
- Outcome: 3D Modeling starting from a simple floorplan
Day 2 – BRING YOUR VISUALIZATION TO LIFE
In day 2, you will visualize your design by learning further drawing tools and get to know how to make a 3D model just look like real. This will help you communicate your design visions to your family and later to your contractor.
- Advanced editing tools
- Applying colours and library materials
- Moving, copying, and grouping
- Outcome: Modeling a piece of furniture from a plan
Day 3 – GET READY TO KICK OFF CONSTRUCTION
Last but not least we will teach you the important last step in how to create a comprehensive documentation of your design in order to kick off a renovation hand in hand with your chosen contractor!
- Extracting 2D drawings
- learn to export as perspective or floorplan/elevation drawing
- Edit drawings, add measurements and annotations
- Outcome: Creating fully comprehensive 3D and 2D documents to communicate your vision to a contractor